People say the darndest things, and farmer’s market visitors are no exception. It’s highly entertaining to me, as a microgreens seller and as a market vender, to hear the responses from people visiting the market. Here are some comments that stand out from people I’ve offered microgreens samples to from my booth:
– “I really don’t eat anything green.” Alrighty then… not my target audience.
– “You sell weeds?” As long as you leave that ‘s’ at the end of ‘weeds”, I’m happy.
– “That tastes like earth.” At least they didn’t say it tastes like dirt!
– “I like them but my husband only eats meat.” Microgreens make meat taste even better!
– “Ewwwwwwww!” Again, apparently not my target customer. hahahaha!
I bet my neighbors at the market have heard it all over the years. I’m still new to having a stall, so we’ll see what comes up as time goes by.
– But for larger grains and beans, like garbanzos, rice, wheatgrass, don’t buy a strainer screen. We went to the hardware store and bought $5 worth of screen (by the foot), cut out circles and fit them in our mason jar lids. I still have tons of screen left for future use. Cheap and works really well!
One of the many checks we do around here at McCardell Farms is the ph levels of our soil and water. We want our precious microgreens to thrive in the right material, and when it comes to ph levels, they love around 6.0.
It might sound very science-y but it’s really easy – just mix, shake and compare colors to see whether your plants are going to say “ahhhh” or say “yikes!”
The McCardell Family have added Tower Gardens to their line of products for sale from their farm. After using Tower Gardens for over four years, we decided our passion for these incredible products is worth talking to the world about!
We own four Tower Gardens and we’ve been enjoying eating lettuce, kale, tomatoes and herbs daily. My children love picking our dinner salad! Features of the systems include…
Tower Gardens are perfect for households that don’t have time or space for traditional soil gardening. Busy people with small back yards love Tower Gardens because they’re easy to maintain, provide lots of produce, and take up space UPWARD instead of ACROSS property.
Tower Gardens use as much as 90% less water than traditional soil gardening, they don’t require pesticides, and they’re weed-free. Also, the maintenance on our towers is so low.